If there ever was a #basic girl who loved all things pumpkin…it’s me. Although I should be more clear: I love all things pumpkin chocolate chip. If there’s no chocolate involved let’s be honest it’s not as good!
I just can’t help it. Something about fall, Halloween, and delicious pumpkin treats makes me giddy.
Most pumpkin treats aren’t exactly healthy.
Pumpkin breads, cakes, cookies, and muffins are usually loaded with sugar. I’m all about enjoying those treats in moderation but I love crating healthier versions to enjoy at home.
That’s why I came up with these healthier PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS!
These healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins turned out SO GOOOOOOD! Super soft and chocolaty…I probably ate 5 in the space of an hour…worth it! These are flourless, have no processed sugars, and are full of fiber and vitamin packed pumpkin!
Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1/3 C honey
- 2 C oat flour (grind up whole oats until fine to make your own)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 C dark chocolate chips, plus a little extra to sprinkle on top
- Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl, then add dry ingredients and mix well
- Scoop into muffin liners and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F, bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Makes 12-15 muffins