Pumpkin season is FINALLY here!
I love pumpkin as much as the next girl, but not just because it tastes great.
Pumpkin is actually full of some surprising health benefits. Whether you like it or not, pumpkin is a veggie, a member of the squash family.
Pumpkin get’s its lovely orange color from a pigment and antioxidant called beta-carotene, the same that’s in carrots, and is good for you eyes.
Here are some other interesting benefits:
- Pumpkins are about 90% water and high in fiber. This means that they are low calorie and will keep you full and hydrated making pumpkin a great weight loss food.
- Pumpkins are high in Vitamins A and C, vitamins essential for a healthy immune system. Unfortunately, Fall is also the start of flu season, so there is never a better time to give your immune system the vitamins it needs to fight off infections and keep you healthy.
Be #basic with me if you will, and glory in all of these delicious, beautiful pumpkin recipes that the blogging world has to offer.
1.Healthy Pumpkin Chili-The Glowing Fridge
2. Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oat Squares-Lean, Clean, and Brie
3. Lebanese Pumpkin Hummus-Lazy Cat Kitchen
4. Clean Eating Pumpkin Ice Cream-The Gracious Pantry
5. Two Ingredient Pumpkin Pasta-Wholefully
6. Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip-Big Man’s World
7. Pumpkin Spice Greek Yogurt Pancakes-Running With Spoons
8. Roasted Pumpkin Apple Soup-As Easy as Apple Pie
9. Pumpkin Pie Bites-Paleo Grubs
10. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins-Fit&Well
11. Skinny Hot Chocolate-Veggie Quest
12. Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie-Real Food Dietitians
Hope you enjoy all these delicious recipes. Be sure to share them with your friends and fellow pumpkin lovers!