If you have a garden like me and have more zucchini than you know what to do with…try these delicious chocolate chip zucchini cookies!
This recipe is from my mom and I recently re-discovered them. She used to make these cookies every summer growing up during zucchini season. I was always SO excited when I’d come home from school to find the house smelling like heaven and freshly baked zucchini cookies waiting as the perfect after school snack.
They are honestly one of my favorite cookies ever. Partly because of nostalgia, the other because they are dang good and you’d never guess there’s a veggie inside this cookie.
You’ll LOVE this recipe. These cookies are soft and perfect for these last weeks of summer leading into fall. I think the secret to these cookies is the clove and nutmeg- gives it the yummiest, warmest flavor so don’t skip it!
- 1 C grated zucchini
- 1/2 C organic white or brown sugar
- 1/2 C raw organic honey
- 1/2 C organic butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 C organic flour (I’ve only used organic white flour, but feel free to experiment with your favorite wheat substitutes!)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- Cream the butter, sugar, and honey.
- Mix in shredded zucchini and egg.
- Add your dry ingredients and mix everything well.
- Spoon onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees or until tops are just starting to turn golden and firm to the touch.
I hope you love these chocolate chip zucchini cookies just as much as I do! They whip together super quick and are a great (and tasty!) way to use up your zucchini or just sneak in more veggies! For me they bring back all the happy childhood memories.
If you have a favorite zucchini recipe let me know in the comments! If you’re looking for more zucchini recipes try this chocolate chip muffin recipe!