One of my favorite muscle groups to work is my shoulders. Afterall, it’s the three main shoulder muscles (the rear, medial, and anterior deltoids) that give your arms that fit, sculpted look.
Here are some of my favorite shoulder exercises that work all three deltoid muscles to help you build beautiful shoulders! Feel free to include these exercises as one complete workout (try repeating 3-5 times) or throw them into your own workout.
Just remember, your shoulders are easily injured. So ALWAYS include a proper warm up and cool down before any shoulder work. I’ve injured my left shoulder twice because I was in too much of a hurry and didn’t do a proper warm-up, so don’t follow my bad example! 🙈
Simple Shoulder Sculpting Workout
- Deltoid raises, elbows above the wrists,
- Rear delt fly, arms slightly bent. Use a light weight here!
- Plank to elbows, alternate each arm and try not to move your hips too much!
- Upward row, keep the elbows above the wrists.
- Skippers, shoot that butt up high then come down shoulders over the wrists.
- Crazy 8s, each combination of the 8 positions is a rep!
Are there any specific exercises or workouts you’d like to see? Let me know in the comments!