Detoxifying Citrus Infused Water Recipe
The other day I was at the grocery store when I happened upon this awesome fruit infuser pitcher! I was super stoked as I’ve been wanting one of these guys for a while. Keep reading to get my super simple infused water recipe and the benefits!
This post contains affiliate links.
This one wasn’t expensive at all, is BPA free, and is a perfect size! (For all you Utah readers, I found it at Harmons!) I can’t wait to experiment with different fruits and flavors, but for now, I just used simple lemons and limes.
Click here to order a similar from Amazon.
What is Fruit Infused Water?
For those of you who haven’t heard of infused water, it is simply cutting up fruits, vegetables, and herbs and basically letting them soak or “infuse” in water. Nutrients from the fruit, including from the rinds, diffuse into the water creating a nutritious, hydrating, and tasty beverage!
Besides adding some flavor and nutrients to your water, there are several benefits from drinking lemon infused water! Here are a few:
Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
1. Lemons contain high amounts of vitamin C and antioxidants. These may help boost the immune system as well as improve skin appearance and health.
2. Lemons are very acidic which helps balance body pH. A balanced body pH is essential for preventing major health issues including heart disease and cancer.
3. Lemons do wonders for your kidneys! Your kidneys are responsible for getting rid of toxic elements from our blood as well as regulating blood pressure, creating red blood cells, and maintaining bone health. Put simply, we have two kidneys for a reason. They are that important! Lemon water helps detoxify the kidneys, prevent kidney stones, and keep the kidneys working properly.
4. Some studies have found that lemons can help regulate blood glucose levels, improve insulin function, and prevent free radicals. Free radicals are SCARY. They increase inflammation in the body which is responsible for devastating diseases such as cancer, heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes.
5. Lemon water is hydrating! If you struggle with drinking plain old water, try adding some lemon juice for some flavor! Hydration is critical for optimal health. Think about it, our bodies are made of about 70% water. WE USE IT FOR EVERYTHING! Staying hydrated improves brain function, digestion, joint health, and skin health, to name a few basics.
Just as a reminder, the acid in lemon and limes can be harmful on your enamel. If you are drinking lemon water regularly, it might not be a bad idea to rinse your mouth out after drinking. We can’t ignore our teeth!
Hope you learned something helpful! I plan on posting different fruit infused water flavors that I discover in the future! Have a happy, healthy weekend!