I celebrated one month of marriage last week and the verdict is in…
Marriage life is THE BEST!
Besides getting to hang out with my BFF all the time, I know live in a beautiful basement apartment that we enjoy all to ourselves.
Before getting married, both of us lived in apartments with roommates. I had five, he had three. As fun as roommates are, things got pretty crowded and messy.
There’s something truly magical about having a whole apartment just to ourselves. We can decorate how we want and keep it nice and clean. Not to mention our fridge space is something else.
One of my favorite parts about the place is our Breville mini oven.
At first, I was worried (since I’m a huge baker) about not having a full sized oven. But this oven is absolutely fantastic. It heats up super quick, doesn’t heat up the whole house, and bakes things fast.
I tested out the mini oven with this healthy peanut butter banana bread and it turned out fantastic!
I’ve never added peanut butter to banana bread before, but It was a nice change. It basically replaces the oil in the recipe and keeps the bread moist.
I only added 1/4 c of brown sugar and the rest of the sweetness came from Organic Vanilla Protein and the bananas. It was the perfect amount of sweetness.
This bread was gone within a week and I’m pretty sure my poor hubby didn’t get any. (Sorry love!) I’m just a monster when it comes to banana bread. 😉
Healthy Protein Peanut Butter Banana Bread:
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 eggs (pasture raised is best!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour (I prefer organic)
- 1/4 c organic brown sugar
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas and mix with the peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix in sugar and cinnamon.
- Add whole wheat flour, protein and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Top with oats if you want!
- Bake @350 for 35-45 minutes (Depends on the oven, test with a toothpick or knife- should come out clean when you poke it and top should be golden.)