Healthy Double Chocolate “Costco” Muffins
Muffins are just so good. They are like delicious, bald cupcakes and I love them!
The giant Costco muffins (especially the double chocolate ones) have always been some of my favorites. However, those giant muffins are loaded with processed sugar and ingredients. I’m all for balance and enjoying treats like that now and then, but I would never call those muffins a healthy option.
To be completely honest, I wasn’t trying to make a copycat Costco muffin, but I’m SO happy they turned out so good and so close to that delicious original.
Made with minimally processed ingredients, protein powder, omega-3s and even some collagen for good measure, I think you’ll love these healthier chocolate “Costco” muffins!
Healthy Costco Muffins
- 1 c Kodiak Cakes dark chocolate power cakes pancake mix
- 1/2 c chocolate protein powder
- 2 scoops collagen powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 medium/large bananas
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mash the banana and mix the egg, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Add the Kodiak Cakes, protein powder, flax, and collagen. If the mixture is too thick, add a dash of unsweetened almond milk.
- Pour into lined muffin tins and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean. Makes about 8 muffins.
Let me know what you think of these muffins and if you think I should try and replicate other Costco muffin flavors!
Check out my other popular muffin recipe here.
These are amazing! I love that they are so clean too!
So glad you liked them!!
awesome! do you possibly know the macros on these?
Sorry I haven’t calculated them! You could put the ingredient amounts into an app like My Fitness Pal and then divide the macro totals by how many muffins you get and that should give you a good idea. 🙂