If you struggle with dry skin you’re going to LOVE this DIY coconut sugar scrub and coconut soap.
I tend to have a problem with dry skin, especially in the winter. These soaps help keep my skin hydrated and NEVER oily. It’s quite the miracle.
I’m a huge fan of coconut oil. Call me basic, but I think it’s the answer to everything. Dry skin? coconut oil. Dry hair? Coconut oil. Prevent wrinkles? Coconut oil. Makeup remover? Yep, coconut oil.
If you’ve seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding, it’s like my Windex.
I found the soap recipe years ago but remembered it recently and thought it was worth sharing. The sugar scrub came to me randomly one day and it worked perfectly.
And by perfect I mean it leaves your face and hands feeling as soft as a babies bottom and squeaky clean.
DIY Coconut Sugar Scrub
Here is what you’ll need for the coconut sugar scrub:
- 1 cup of organic extra virgin unrefined coconut oil (I used Kirkland brand, but Nutiva is another great option!)
- 1 -2 packets of stevia
I didn’t have any sugar in the house when I first made the scrub, but I think I liked stevia better! It’s a little more gritty so I think it makes your face and hands softer. Sugar would still work great.
It’s important that your coconut oil is unrefined because it has all the phytonutrients and polyphenols that make it so nourishing.
Once you mix the two ingredients in a bowl, you can leave it and keep it in the bathroom or put it in a mason jar.
- Scoop a tablespoon amount and rub it on your face or hands to remove excess dirt and dead skin.
- Rinse lightly with water, just until you get all the stevia off.
- Gently dry with a towel.
- Enjoy your silky smooth skin!
DIY Moisturizing Coconut Soap
WARNING: THIS SOAP SMELLS SO GOOD YOU’LL WANT TO EAT IT. DON’T EAT IT.
Seriously though, this soap smells and looks like dessert.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of organic extra virgin unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of pure Castile hemp almond soap (I used Dr. Bonner’s Magic Soaps)
- Mix the soap and coconut oil with a mixer until it takes on a whipped consistency. (Looks like marshmallow cream.)
- Transfer mixture into a bowl or mason jar.
- Use as a body wash, hand soap, or facewash.
- Enjoy fresh, clean, and moisturized skin!
I love the pure Castile hemp soap because it’s all natural and vegan with no artificial smells, dyes, or anything! The one I use has a yummy almond extract scent that is to die for.
There you have it! Two DIY, all natural, moisturizing coconut beauty products that cost a fraction of your typical soaps, scrubs, and facewashes.
What are your DIY beauty and skin recipes you’ve tried? Let me know, I’d love to try them!
This post contains affiliate links.