*This blog post contains affiliate links.
This week was a good week. I love it when a whole week has been great!
Jonny got a new job at a great company, work for me was good, we even had time for a date night this week! #blessings
I also got to make my new muffin recipe. This is my third time making them and they turn out perfect every time. I think they are my new favorite!
The best part? They have extra protein (compared to most muffins) and hardly any sugar. WIN! I like to have a couple for breakfast in the mornings and they definitely keep me full until lunch.
Banana Chocolate Chip Clean Eating Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, Kodiak Cakes mix, or almond flour
- 2-3 small bananas
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 scoops vanilla or banana flavored plant based protein
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (if the batter seems too dry)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1/3 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the bananas and mix in the egg, honey, and coconut oil.
- Add the whole wheat flour, protein, and baking soda. Add almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you get a sticky consistency.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill 12 greased muffin tins (about halfway full) and bake for 18-25 minutes. Tops should be almost golden and a fork should come clean when you poke it.
- Let cool, then gently pull them from the muffin tins.
- Serving size: 1 muffin (makes about 12)
- Calories: 170
- Carbs: 24g
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 7g
- Sugar: 9g