This week was a good week. I love it when a whole week has been great!
Jonny got a new job at a great company, work for me was good, we even had time for a date night this week! #blessings
I also got to make my new muffin recipe. This is my third time making them and they turn out perfect every time. I think they are my new favorite!
The best part? They have extra protein (compared to most muffins) and hardly any sugar. WIN! I like to have a couple for breakfast in the mornings and they definitely keep me full until lunch.
*This blog post contains affiliate links.
Banana Chocolate Chip Clean Eating Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, Kodiak Cakes mix, or almond flour
- 2-3 small bananas
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 scoops vanilla or banana flavored plant based protein
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (if the batter seems too dry)
- 1/3 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the bananas ( I used a hand mixer) and then mix in the egg and honey.
- Add the flour or Kodiak mix, protein powder, and baking soda. Add almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you get a sticky, somewhat wet consistency.
- Fold in chocolate chips. You can reserve some to sprinkle on top if you want.
- Fill greased muffin tins (or use liners) about halfway full and bake for 18-25 minutes. Tops should be almost golden and a fork should come clean when you poke it. You may need to keep an eye one them to prevent them from overcooking.
- Let cool, then gently pull them from the muffin tins.
Nutrition Facts: (estimate)
- Serving size: 1 muffin (makes 12-18 depending on how big the bananas are)
- Calories: 170
- Carbs: 24g
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 7g
- Sugar: 9g
Note: It’s been two years now and I STILL make these clean eating muffins almost weekly. I’ve also gotten comments from some of you who have tried them and love them too!
They are perfect for an on the go breakfast (I take them with me to work) or snack. If you try them let me know! It makes my day when you try my recipes and then give me feedback!
If you’re more of a dark chocolate kind of gal, you might also love these clean eating double chocolate muffins. Also made with healthy ingredients!