Looking for some simple at home bodyweight exercises? Look no further. I’ve got ya covered!
I know many of us are missing the gym right now, but the truth and beauty is we can still keep up on our fitness right at home with little to zero equipment.
If you are looking to add equipment to your home gym, check out this post!
This post contains affiliate links.
Tips to Make the Most of Your At Home Workouts
If you’re used to lifting heavier weights or just want to make your bodyweight workouts a little more intense, here are some tips:
- Shorten your rest periods to keep your heart rate pumping.
- Add resistance bands or use milk jugs or soup cans for a little extra resistance.
- Slow down the movement and really focus on the muscle groups you are working.
- Include more total body moves that incorporate more muscles at once.
- Hold poses to build endurance. Try wall sits, planks, and more.
- Keep track of what you’re doing. Write down progress and set specific goals!
- Include balance, stability, and plyometric moves for a well rounded exercise routine.
10 At Home Bodyweight Exercises to Try
Here are some simple bodyweight exercises you can do right at home. Most of these require zero equipment, but some include mini resistance bands which can help you get a better workout and work specific muscle groups. I also included some slower stress relieving “workouts” because, hey, we could all use it right about now.
There you have it! 10 effective at home exercises for you to try. Let me know which ones are your favorites in the comments! If you have any suggestions for what workouts you want to see more of, I’m all ears!
I hope you enjoy this time at home. Pretty soon, life will return to the new “normal”. Stay safe and healthy!